Friday, March 11, 2011

Change of Venue

As much as I want my fun, outdoor, rustic-chic wedding, it is looking like we may go another route. Since the location is so far away, we've been discussing more local options. We may be renting out a hall. I've found a few near us (and our families) that have reasonable prices and they can all do pretty much everything for us. All we'll be expected to do is hand over the cash and show up. While that sounds a lot less stressful, it just doesn't sound like us. It will look like every other wedding that has taken place in that hall before.

I'm hoping we can find some sort of compromise. I don't want a Pretty, Pretty Princess day and all of the formalities that go with it. I really just want a fun party with the people we love most. I'm thinking a backyard wedding and reception would be nice. I just need to find a really big backyard.

Tomorrow we have our first appointment to check out a hall. We'll see how I feel about them after that. Who knows? I may love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment